Alex Kaufman is a qualified Solicitor (formerly also a Registered Migration Agent with the registration number #0601370 under the previous regulatory scheme). With nearly two decades of experience, he specialises in business, investment, and employment-related migration, along with providing associated legal services.
Alex's extensive migration experience encompasses:
- Advising and representing clients from the public sector, corporations, and individuals to achieve the best employment-related outcomes through Australia's Temporary Business Entry program.
- Assisting corporate clients and entrepreneurs in facilitating trade and investment activities through Australia's Business Skills program.
- Advising and representing individuals in obtaining Permanent Residence and Australian Citizenship.
- Representing private clients before Tribunals and Courts in visa decision review proceedings.
- Advising and acting for employers of overseas workers in relation to employment law and Departmental monitoring and auditing processes.
- Assisting clients with ancillary and post-settlement legal services, including Customs and Australian Quarantine Inspection Service requirements, Foreign Investment Review Board applications, business or real property purchases, commercial premises leasing, and referrals to integrated taxation and accounting services.
Alex's client base includes mining interests, health and aged care service providers, financial institutions, recruitment businesses, education providers, and high net worth individuals.
Qualifications / Certifications and experience:
- Barrister and solicitor in NSW since 2006
- Accredited Educator – Migration Institute of Australia
- Former VP of the Migration Institute of Australia NSW/ ACT Branch – 2 years, and Committee Member for over 10 years
- Doyles Guide – Leading Immigration Lawyers in NSW (2021/2022/2023)
- Contributor to senate committee and departmental immigration enquiries since 2013
- Immigration legal commentator in numerous free to air, subscription, and online resources over the preceding decade
- Conversational in Mandarin Chinese
Any reference to a "Partner" means an employee with sufficient seniority. Longton Legal is an incorporated legal practice and not a partnership.